Links for Chess Learning
The videos with the following links teach the basic concepts and rules of chess. They are useful for chess beginners.
- Teaching basic rules for players without any chess knowledge:
- How to checkmate:
- Stalemate is a draw:
- Rules of castling:
The videos with the following links teach more skills in playing the opening, middle game and ending game.
- How to draw a game? :
- Chess opening principles:
- Aggressive Openings:
- Ending game studies:
- Chess tactics:
- Pay attention to the common mistakes:
- One move checkmate:
- two move checkmate:
The videos with the following links help players to master solid strategy and tactics.
- Chess Openings:
- "Top 10 Chess Openings"
- "Chess Openings- English "
- "Chess Openings- The King's Gambit ";
- "Chess Openings: The Queen's Gambit"
- "Chess openings - French Defence"
- "Chess Openings: Sicilian Defense ";
- "Sicilian Defense - Dragon Variation"
- "Chess Openings: Queens Indian Defense"
- "Chess Openings: London System "
- "A great opening for beating sub-2000 players"
- Chess strategy:
- "Chess Strategy: How to Attack"
- "Chess Strategy: The Tactical Geometry of the Chess Board!"
- "Chess Strategy: How to Use Your Pawns- Part 1!"
- "Chess Strategy: How to Use Your Pawns - Part 2!"
- "Chess Strategy: How to Use Your Pawns - Part 3!"
- "Chess Strategy: How to Use Your Pawns - Part 4! "
- "Creating the passed pawn"
- "Chess Strategy: Counter Attack"
- "Chess Strategy: How to Win Material"
- "Chess Strategy: Play Active Defense!"
- "Advanced Chess Strategy";
- "Trading: When Does it Benefit You?"
- Ending game:
- "End Game Strategy and Tactics Lesson 1- Minor Pieces";
- "End Game Strategy and Tactics Lesson 2- Triangulation"
- "End Game Strategy and Tactics Lesson 3- Playing for a Draw"
- "Chess Endgame- Rook vs Knight"
- "Chess Endgame: Queen + King vs Rook + King"
- "Mastering the End Game"
- "My 10 tips to quickly improve your rook endgames"
- Three move checkmate:
- Four move checkmate:
Club Partners & Sponsors
St. Stephen's United Methodist Church
St. Stephen's United Methodist Church is a progressive Christian church located at 1801 W. Brooks Street, at the intersection of Brooks and McGee Avenue in Norman.
The University of Oklahoma Chess Club
The University of Oklahoma Chess Club is a student organization designed for people that like playing and learning chess. The goal of this club is training together to improve personal skills and to participate in local, regional and national tournaments. The club is open for both students and the public!
Mathnasium of Norman
Mathnasium of Norman is a neighborhood math-only learning center, helping kids in grades K-12th (College, Homeschool, Gifted, and Duke TIP too!) understand math by teaching the way that makes sense to them. Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Norman Chinese School
Norman Chinese School is a grass-root nonprofit educational organization serving the learners of Chinese language and culture around Norman, Oklahoma, USA.
Youth Chess League of Central Oklahoma, Inc.
Youth Chess League of Central Oklahoma, Inc., is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation. Its mission is to help kids thrive through chess. Contact email: email@example.com
The United States Chess Federation (USCF)
The US Chess Federation (USCF) is the official governing body and not-for-profit organization for chess players and chess supporters in the United States.
The Oklahoma Chess Association (OCA)
The Oklahoma Chess Association (OCA) is the United States Chess Federation (USCF) State Chapter Affiliate for the state of Oklahoma. The OCA is charged with the duties and responsibilities for the guidance of the chess community within Oklahoma. The OCA is a not-for profit membership organization.
The Oklahoma Scholastic Chess Organization (OSCO)
The Oklahoma Scholastic Chess Organization (OSCO) is a statewide organization, operated by a large group of service oriented volunteers, with the support of Donors and Members, to effectively promote and improve Oklahoma Scholastic Chess for our youth, so that more can experience the benefits of chess.
The Oklahoma Chess Foundation (OCF)
Established in 2003, the Oklahoma Chess Foundation (OCF) is a USCF affiliate and the place where serious chess players go to have fun.
"The Challengers" Chess Club of Oklahoma City
"The Challengers" are an established club with high aspirations to sponsor and direct tournaments in the Oklahoma City area.
Other Chess Resources
Private Chess Coaches (Norman)
National Master, Daniel J. Ng, provides private lesson and group lesson in Norman region. His email is Daniel.J.Ngfirstname.lastname@example.org
OU Chess Club weekly meeting
OU Chess Club meets on Mondays and Thursdays from 6-9pm in Devon Energy Hall, room 130. Everyone is welcome to receive some free training and play games.
Play Chess for FREE at the #1 Chess Site!
Internet Chess Club
Play chess online. Learn and improve by watching free instructional chess videos. Join daily tournaments and win prizes. ICC, the best chess site on the net!
Chess Magnet School
Launched in September, 2005, Chess Magnet School is used by thousands of chess students throughout the world.